Dawn Allcot is a full-time freelance writer, editor, and social media marketing consultant with close to 20 years of experience writing for print and online. Working closely with GLES, Dawn’s current and past client list includes such websites as Amex OPENForum, YahooJobs!, EcoOutfitters.net, SeniorLiving.net, The CollegeBound Network, and more.
A former magazine editor, Dawn specializes in creating content to help small business owners generate leads and enhance brand recognition. She writes about a broad range of topics, from personal finance and parenting to home remodeling, health, and green living. She prides herself on being able to make any topic fun and accessible for nearly any audience. Applying this skill, she frequently writes for technology companies and audiovisual technology trade magazines. She also manages social media for a number of firms, large and small.
Fun facts about Dawn:
- She was editor of a paintball magazine for several years and has earned awards and commanded games as a scenario paintball player.
- She occasionally dabbles in PR in tandem with social media consulting.
- She doesn’t believe writers should always write what they know, but, instead, what they have a passion to learn.
- Having said that, her husband, two children and three cats are a constant source of material – and amusement – for this writer.
- She wants you to visit AllcotMedia.com and follow her on Twitter at @DawnAllcot.