Sascha Zuger works with Gina LaGuardia Editorial Services as Travel Director of BELLA NYC Magazine, and is also a freelancer for such national publications as National Geographic Traveler, Parade — Family Travel Columnist, SELF, Parents, Family Fun, WIRED, O, Redbook among others. She also writes young adult novels for Penguin and Egmont/Random House under the pseudonym Aimee Ferris.
Sascha lives with her son in New York when she’s not wandering the world in search of the next great story … or pina colada.
Fun facts about Sascha:
- Sascha is a former dolphin trainer, and nearly named her son after her dolphin Esteban, but didn’t want to face the large therapy bills later in life when he found out.
- She has sailed across the South Pacific and has over 3,000 dives under her weightbelt as a PADI divemaster.
- Sascha has taken her favorite Honduran souvenir, her son Nakoa, along through over 35 countries while working as a travel writer.
- Sascha’s only professional acting gig was as a dead body, an experience she used in “Will Work for Prom Dress,” a Scholastic Reluctant Reader pick of 2011.
- Sascha would love you to visit SaschaZuger.com and follow her on Twitter @Sascha_Zuger