Gina LaGuardia boasts almost two decades of experience as a magazine editor-in-chief and editorial director of multimedia companies, including The CollegeBound Network, BELLA NYC Magazine, CareerCo, The Employment Network, ClassesUSA, SeniorsForLiving, OurParents.com, etc. She has also provided content, marketing, and social media consulting services to such publishing leaders as Experian, Federated Media, SheKnows.com, ParentSociety.com, Federated Media, Staten Island University Hospital, and others.
As editor-in-chief of CollegeBound Teen Magazine from 1996-2007, Gina oversaw all editorial operations for the company, including the development of a 12-site Web portal dedicated to easing the high school-to-college transition for teenagers. She was also instrumental in the development, implementation, and editorial direction of ClassesUSA’s content syndication initiative, which provided targeted, relevant content to support the company’s partnerships with such sites as AOL.com, MSN.com, the Internet Broadcasting System, WorldNow, Salary.com, Yahoo! HotJobs, and BellSouth. The company was sold to Experian in 2007, where she remained as a consultant through 2012. Gina also served as the founding editor of Online Degrees magazine, a consumer publication available in bookstores and on newsstands nationwide, and SUCCEED Magazine, a magazine about continuing education, from 2000-2008.
Gina’s vast experience encompasses a variety of editorial tasks and management, from pounding the pavement to “get the story,” blog implementation and facilitation, and social media management to article conceptualizations, public relations, corporate newsletter production, serving as a media spokesperson, marketing consultation, and more. She has written about a variety of topics, including personal finance, education, college admissions, careers, technology, fashion, beauty, travel, entertainment, health, fitness, motherhood and parenting, money management, pets, social media, and more. Her writing credits include Redbook Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Huffington Post, and others. (View her writing portfolio.)
Gina received a bachelor of arts degree in journalism from New York University in 1995, and has served as an adjunct instructor at Rutgers University.
Gina attributes her reputation as an adept and versatile journalist, editorial innovator, and social media strategist to a combination of conscientious creativity and a relentless work ethic, one she encourages in each and every one of Gina LaGuardia Editorial Service’s contributors. Meet them here.
Fun facts about Gina:
- Gina taught Magazine Article Writing at Rutgers University in the early 2000s.
- She’s mom to three daughters — two human ones, ages 7 and 11, and a 4-year-old mutt named Carly.
- An avid obstacle course racer (OCR), she’s often wondered if it’s appropriate to add “Adept at lugging 75-lb. buckets of gravel up and down mountains,” “Can army-crawl for more than a mile through mud under barbed wire,” and “Able to scale walls” to her LinkedIn profile. Her proudest OCR to date: NJ Super Spartan 2014!
- Hands down, she has the best team of writers, editors, and social media specialists around!
- She finds writing very therapeutic, having used it in the aftermath of the sudden loss of her dad, someone she misses severely every single second of every single day. He was her biggest fan, and everything she does – and is – is because of him.